School Admin Survey Results 2022

January 12, 2023 BY Chris Carleton

Happy New Year from your partners here at The Hello Foundation! I am excited to once again share the results of our annual administrator survey.

Listed below are your answers to four different questions from the survey we thought you would find intriguing. You can see how your answers to the following questions compare to your fellow administrators.admin survey results 2022 Less than 10% = 5 Districts, 11-50% = 6 Districts, Over 50% = 6 Districts, Unknown = 4 Districts

Just out of curiosity, we asked, “What percentage of your sped team is made up of contractors?” The majority of our respondents reported that less than half of their team is made up of contractors, while 29% of respondents reported that over half of their team are contractors this school year. 

admin survey 2022 may 31 june 15

Administrators want control over who is working with their students. Because of this, 85% of our Hello staff are requested and secured by school districts by May 31st for the following school year. So, when will the admin we surveyed determine staffing needs and be ready to commit to a contract for the 2023-2024 school year? Unsurprisingly, 76% of them said they would be ready to commit by the end of May, and the remaining 24% said they’d be committing by June 15th.

admin survey 2022 SLP-11, School Psych-2, OT-2, SLPA-2, Other 3

We all know that filling positions in schools can be extremely challenging, especially when you’re looking for highly skilled folks. So we asked, which type of specialist position has been hardest to fill in the past few years? The answer was overwhelmingly SLPs, with 55% of answers falling into that category. 

2022 admin survey 77% excellent 23% good

And of course, we always take this opportunity to ask how Hello is doing and to get feedback on how we can improve our services.  We asked admin to rate the level of service they have experienced working with The Hello Foundation. 77% of our district partners rated us as excellent, 23% rated us as good, and 0% rated us as average, not good, or very bad. We are humbled and so proud of our amazing staff that continues to put kids first and deliver high-quality service, year after year. 

Listed below are some of the kind words our administrators passed along about our amazing staff! Thank you to our admin partners!

admin survey 2022 person with headset, check mark, hand shake– Quick response time, flexibility, and great staff.
– Quality candidates. Staff from Hello Foundation are skilled, knowledgeable, and work very effectively with staff. Chris Carleton has been outstanding to work with.
– Listens to my district’s needs. Very helpful. Usually amazing staff who are well trained. High quality.
– Having an amazing psychologist who, while not here physically, joins and assists our district to remain up-to-date and informed.
– Chris is always very understanding and communicates thoroughly.
– The communication from both Hello Staff and clinicians has been prompt, clear, and supportive. Clinicians have jumped right in and used their expertise to get things moving quickly.
– The staff that I have know their jobs and do what they need.
– Both staff members are very personable, interact well with students and staff and provide services with a depth of expertise.
– Launa is amazingly knowledgeable and supportive of our students.
– Receptive to things that are needed.
– SLPs are fantastic.
– Communication and level of professionalism with support and services provider staff.
– We love the communication, willingness to problem solve, and KIRA!
– Chris Carleton is always quick to respond to any question I have. I like the consistency we’ve had with The Hello Foundation. I’ve worked with Chris and the SLP for several years now. It has been a positive, consistent relationship.

Once again, thank you to everyone that participated in our annual survey! We know how busy each and every one of you are on a daily basis. We sincerely appreciate that you took the time to complete our survey. We take your feedback to heart and will strive to make the necessary changes to provide the very best possible service to your students, staff and families. Let’s all have an excellent 2nd half of the school year!