The Hello Foundation is a progressive, fun-loving, student-focused company that provides high-quality service to students, districts, and families. Unlike many other companies, we hire all of our SLPs as employees with benefits and we give you the choice of which district to work for.
School districts come to The Hello Foundation searching for an SLP who can have a positive influence on their students and staff. We pride ourselves on consistently providing what districts need, where and when they need it. We developed the Hello There hybrid telepractice model to give rural districts access to highly qualified providers and to allow our clinicians to deliver online services most of the month without losing the benefits that come from being in the building every so often.
Our clinicians have a few things in common: they're dedicated to kids, they're flexible, they're always learning, and they're ridiculously adventurous. If these describe you, then read on.
You will perform all of the duties of a school-based SLP utilizing a hybrid service model consisting of traditional in-person services and telepractice services.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Employing best practices in individual and group treatment
- Monitoring and evaluating student progress
- Tracking data for progress reports and treatment planning
- Completing all special education paperwork in a timely manner (including case management)
- Attending and leading IEP meetings
- Completing evaluations and writing reports
- Billing Medicaid when requested
- Collaborating and consulting with teachers and parents
- Supervising and mentoring speech assistants and/or SLPAs
- Working with volunteers and/or students
- You will work 160 hours/month for full-time employees.
- You will work from home approximately 3 weeks per month.
- You will travel up to one week per month to be on-site in your district in Oregon, Washington, Alaska, Wyoming, Montana, or California. Some placements travel much less than this and some placements have no travel.
- You will have a personal computer with teleconferencing capability.
- You will have consistent and reliable high-speed internet access for teleconferencing.
- You will be an active member of the Hello Foundation community, including attendance at events and regular participation in discussions via our intranet.
- You are flexible.
- You are open to new ideas and change.
- You are a problem solver.
- You are an independent thinker.
- You are committed to the advancement of your own clinical skills.
- You are unflappable when under pressure and time constraints.
- You have excellent oral and written interpersonal and communication skills.
- You have a positive attitude and calming presence.
- Current ASHA Certificate of Clinical Competence in good standing
- Licensed in your state of residence and willing to become licensed in additional state(s) if necessary for your telepractice
- At least 2 years of clinical experience in schools, private clinics, or the medical setting.
- Must reside in or plan to relocate to Oregon, Washington, Idaho, or Colorado.
- 3% company-paid 401k
- 50% of health insurance premium is employer paid for those working .75 FTE or greater for all coverage levels
- Paid time off
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Medical flexible spending account
- Supplemental insurance
- Loan assistance for newly graduated clinicians
- 8 hours of free, in-house PD every year
- Access to our award-winning, confidential intranet
- Monthly Group Shares for peer collaboration and problem-solving
- Dedicated THF supervisor to provide support and district advocacy
- Company-sponsored outings, events, and parties
- Group volunteer opportunities