The Hello Foundation is a progressive, fun-loving, student-focused company that provides high-quality service to students, districts, and families.
School districts come to The Hello Foundation searching for specialists who can have a positive influence on their students and staff. We pride ourselves on consistently providing what districts need, where and when they need it. We developed the Hello There hybrid model to give rural districts access to highly qualified providers and to allow our specialists to deliver online services most of the month without losing the benefits that come from being in the building every so often.
We have full- and part-time school psychologist opportunities for both short-term leave coverage and year-long positions.
You will provide psychological services to referred students by participating in the screening and assessment of students, evaluation planning activities, and participating in team decision-making processes.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Administer and interpret tests to evaluate intellectual, academic, behavioral, adaptive and/or social/emotional behaviors.
- Observe referred students in school or community environments.
- Conduct referral and follow-up activities.
- Participate in educational planning, eligibility, and/or determination of placement meetings.
- Participate in the development of Individual Education Programs, as needed or requested.
- Conduct functional behavioral assessments, and participate in manifestation determination meetings and behavioral intervention development as needed or requested.
- Communicate and confer with District/Local Education Agency/agency personnel, parents, and students.
- Confer and consult with staff and the student to determine the student's current level of performance or developmental history.
- Maintain records, write letters, answer correspondence, and write reports.
- Participate in staff development activities and/or other meetings.
- Review, evaluate, and recommend assessment instruments.
- Travel to schools or other educational-based sites.
- Maintain and submit records to Supervisor on Program operations as requested.
- Perform other related duties delegated by the Coordinator/Supervisor of the Department of Instruction.
- Adhere to policies of the District and procedures of the Department and/or Section.
- Conduct parent conferences.
- Act as a resource person.
- You have effective communication with parents, students, and team decision-making activities.
- You have emotional and physical stamina to perform duties as required by the designated task.
- You are flexible.
- You are open to new ideas and change.
- You are a problem solver.
- You are an independent thinker.
- You are committed to the advancement of your own clinical skills.
- You are unflappable when under pressure and time constraints.
- You have excellent oral and written interpersonal and communication skills.
- You have a positive attitude and a calming presence.
- a personal computer with teleconferencing capability.
- consistent and reliable high-speed internet access for teleconferencing.
- active participation in the Hello Foundation community, including attendance at (virtual or live) events and regular participation in discussions via our intranet.
- School psychologist licensed in your state of residence
- Willing to become licensed in additional state(s) if necessary for telepractice
At least 2 years of experience in school settings
- 3% company-paid 401k
- 50% of health insurance premium is employer paid for those working .75 FTE or greater for all coverage levels
- paid time off
- direct deposit of paychecks
- medical flexible spending account
- supplemental insurance available