Tomorrow, 11/17th, Brooke Unwin, Ed.D, CCC-SLP will share about the 8 ways to integrate parents into speech therapy. Join us at 12noon for our live webinar where she will talk about the following 8 points:
- Don’t assume that speech/language treatment is the most important thing in parents’ lives
- Remember to share some basics
- Be transparent with students & empower them to be part of the process
- Sometimes the best thing you can teach parents is to back off!
- Communication Journal/Notebook
- Invite parents to be a part of your sessions
- Teach them to analyze their work with their children
- Think of the parents as your clients. They deserve to know what you are working on with their children.