It’s April and that means it’s Occupational Therapy Month! Occupational therapists play a vital role in helping people of all ages live their fullest, best lives. To celebrate this special month and help spread the word about her profession, our resident Clinic OT, Christina, came up with this super cute shareable with her top 10 things occupational therapists do.
Her list of OT specialties includes:
- Feeding Skills: trying new foods, oral motor skills, and using utensils
- Self Care Skills: dressing, grooming, potty training, and sleep
- Play Skills: sharing, taking turns, and creativity
- Gross Motor Skills: coordination, balance, and strength
- Fine Motor Skills: handwriting, scissors, and typing
- Visual-Motor Skills: ball skills, perception, and drawing
- Emotional Regulation Skills: calming strategies, problem-solving, and maintaining attention
- Sensory Processing Skills: adapting to different environments and input (touch, sound, etc.)
- Social Skills: friendships and perspective-taking
- Life Skills: cooking, cleaning, work related skills, and community mobility
If you’d like to download your own copy of this fun celebration of what occupational therapists do, click on the image below and it’s all yours!
Happy April and three cheers for occupational therapists and all that they do!